Siebel Consumer Goods Guide > Inventory and Order Management >
Taking Retail Orders (End User)
At retail outlets, another frequent activity for sales representatives is taking retail orders.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Inventory and Orders.
To take a retail order
- Navigate to the Sales Orders screen > List view.
- Create a new sales order record.
- Drill down on the Order # field hyperlink.
The Catalog view appears.
- Click the Line Items view tab, and enter the order details.
The Start Price and List Tax fields are automatically populated based on the product listed. The Bonus Quantity, Extended Tax, and Price fields are calculated based on the quantity.
You can enter Order Qty for two units of measure. Use the fields Qty Ordered (UOM1) and Qty Ordered (UOM2) to capture the order quantity. For more information about Qty UOM1 and Qty UOM2, see Verifying Van Inventory (End User).
- When the order is complete, in the Sales Order form, click Book.
The order status changes to Booked.
- To generate an invoice, in the Sales Order form, click Invoice.
Clicking Invoice does the following:
- Checks each line item to see if there is sufficient on-hand stock to fulfill the order.
- If there is enough inventory, checks if the order total exceeds the Available Credit.
- Changes the status of the order to Billed.
- Removes all zero-quantity line items.
- Creates the invoice.
- Opens the Invoice Line Items view.
- From the Invoice Line Items view, click Deliver.
Clicking Deliver does the following:
For more information, see the Creating a Quote or Sales Order chapter in the Siebel Order Management Guide.