Siebel Consumer Goods Guide > Trade Promotions > Working with Promoted Products (End User) >
Creating a Deal for a Promoted Product
Key account managers can create and view a list of deals that fund a promoted product, and view information about each deal's planned and actual spending.
NOTE: A deal for a promoted product rolls up to a promotion only when it is created for a promoted product that is already associated with a promotion. If a deal is added to a promoted product that is not associated with a promotion, the deal will not roll up to the promotion if the promoted product is later associated with a promotion.
To create a deal for a promoted product
- Navigate to the Plans screen.
- In the Plan List view, select the plan record containing the promoted products.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink.
The Promotions list appears.
- In the Promotions list, drill down on the Name field hyperlink for the promotion that contains the promoted products.
The Promoted Categories list appears, displaying the list of categories in the promotion.
- In the Promoted Categories list, select the category that contains the promoted products for which you want to create or view a deal.
The promoted products appear in the Promoted Products list.
- In the Promoted Products list, drill down on the Product field hyperlink for the product for which you want to create or view a deal.
The Deals list appears.
- In the Deals list, create a new record, and complete the necessary fields.
Some fields are described in Step 3.