Siebel Content Publishing Guide > Microsite Management > Using the Page Designer and Its Tools >
Editing Page Item Properties
The preceding topics explained how to use the Page Designer UI to create new page items, for example, links to pages and graphics.
To edit page item properties, you select a page item on the Page Designer UI and modify its properties in the Page Item Properties form. The fields and buttons that are available in the Page Item Properties view depend upon the type of page item selected.
Items of type HTML, Web Content, Graphics, and File are content assets and are stored in the content asset repository. Details about these content assets can be viewed in the Asset Detail view, and these content assets can also be checked out for editing.
Some items can be edited using the integrated HTML Editor, launched from the Edit HTML button on the Page Item Properties form.
This task is part of Step 4 in the Process of Microsite Management.
To edit a page item
- Open the page you want to edit in the Page Designer:
- Navigate to the Microsite Management (or Administration - Microsite) screen > Page Administration view.
- In the Page list, click the Page Title hyperlink.
- In the Page Designer UI, select the page item whose properties you want to edit.
- In the Page Item Properties form, edit the fields.
NOTE: Those fields and buttons that are not appropriate for the selected page item are unavailable.
- Use the Check Out, Check In, Lock, and Unlock buttons to open and edit content. (For more information about checking out content assets and locking content assets, see Content Center.)
- Click Asset Details to open the Content Assets view and to:
- See information about the selected item.
- Roll-back to a previous version of the content asset.
- Review the content asset for broken links.
For more information about the Content Assets view, see Content Center.
- To edit HTML content, click Edit HTML.
For more information about the integrated HTML editor, see Fundamentals.