Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Business Services > Creating Business Services in Siebel Tools >
Defining and Writing Business Service Scripts
Business service scripts supply the actual functionality of the business service in either Siebel VB or Siebel eScript. As with any object, the script you provide is attached to the business service.
To define and write the business service script
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Select the business service for which you want to write a script.
- Right-click to display a pop-up menu.
- Choose Edit Server Scripts.
- Select either Siebel eScript or Visual Basic for your scripting language.
Service_PreInvokedMethod is selected as the event handler.
NOTE: To write any Siebel VB script in the Business Services, your deployment platform must support Siebel VB.
- Type your script into the Script Editor.
NOTE: Write your business service in Siebel eScript if you want to use the DTE scripts. For information on scripting, see Using Siebel Tools.