Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Creating and Maintaining Integration Objects >
Example of an Integration Object with Many-To-Many Relationships
The following is an example of how to create an integration object with two components that have a many-to-many (M:M) relationship. In this example, an integration object uses a Contact business object with Contact and Opportunity business components.
To create an integration object with a many-to-many business component
- Start Siebel Tools.
- Create a new project and lock it, or lock an existing project in which you want to create your integration object.
- Choose File > New Object... to display the New Object Wizards dialog box.
- Select the EAI tab and double-click the Integration Object icon.
- In the Integration Object Builder wizard:
- Select the project you locked in Step 2.
- Select the EAI Siebel Wizard.
- Click Next and in the second page of the Integration Object Builder wizard:
- Select the source object Contact to be the base for the new Siebel integration object.
- Type a unique name in the field for the new Siebel integration object, and click Next, for example, Sample Contact M:M.
- Select the source root for the new integration object from the list.
- From the list of components, select Contact and Opportunity. There is also a component named Contact_Opportunity in the list. This component is an MVGAssociation component, and you pick it only if you need this integration object to set the primary opportunity for contact. For information on MVG, see About MVGs in the EAI Siebel Adapter.
- Inactivate all integration component fields in the Contact integration component except First Name, Last Name, Login Name, and Comment. (In this example, these are the only fields you need for Contact.)
- Inactivate all integration component fields in the Opportunity integration component except Account, Account Location, Budget Amt, Name, and Description. (In this example, these are the only fields you need for Opportunity.)
- Compile a new SRF file and copy the SRF file to the SIEBSRVR_ROOT/OBJECTS directory.
To test the newly created integration object
- Start the Siebel client connected to Sample database.
- Copy and modify the Import Account (File) and the Export Account (File) sample workflow processes to work with the Contact business object, instead of the Account business object.
- Modify the Export Account (File) workflow process to invoke the EAI Siebel Adapter against the Sample Contact M:M integration object that you created, see To create an integration object with a many-to-many business component.
- Run the workflow processes using the Workflow Process Simulator.