Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Creating and Maintaining Integration Objects > Synchronizing Integration Objects >
Synchronizing Integration Objects
To help simplify the synchronization task, Siebel EAI provides an integration object synchronization utility. Although the process of synchronizing your integration object with its underlying business object is straightforward, review the integration objects you have modified to make sure that you have not inadvertently altered them by performing a synchronization. After synchronization, validate your integration object.
The following checklist gives the high-level procedures for updating an integration object:
To update an integration object with new and current business object definitions
- Access the integration object you want to update in Siebel Tools.
- Run the Synchronization wizard by clicking Synchronize in the Integration Objects list applet.
NOTE: The update process overrides the integration object and deletes user keys, user properties, and so on. You can use the copy of the integration object made by the Synchronization wizard to see how you modified the object.
- On the Integration Objects Builder, click on the plus sign to list all the related integration components, as shown in the following figure.
The process of retrieving Siebel integration objects and Siebel business object definitions can take varying amounts of time, depending on the size of the selected objects.
- Uncheck the boxes beside the objects and components you do not want to include in the synchronization of your Siebel integration object. Note that only the objects that are included in the new integration object are marked.
- Choose to add new fields as active or inactive and click Next. Inactive is the default.
The process of performing the synchronization can take some time, depending on the complexity of the selected objects.
- The Integration Object Synchronize Summary screen appears, providing feedback from the synchronization.
Each added field is checked as to whether or not it is required for use with the integration object.
Review the summary. If changes are needed, click Back and make the needed changes.
- If no changes are needed, click Finish to synchronize the Siebel integration object and the Siebel business object. The Compare Objects dialog box appears.
This tool allows you to move properties and objects between versions using arrow buttons.
When you synchronize the Siebel integration object and the Siebel business object, the Synchronization wizard performs update, insert, and delete operations on the existing integration object definition. The Synchronization wizard selects or deselects components to make the Siebel integration object look like the definition of the Siebel business object you chose.
The wizard generally updates the Siebel integration object either by updating the object and its components or by updating some components and deleting others. For information, see Updating the Entire Integration Object and About Deleting a Component from the Integration Object.
- Copy custom properties and custom user keys as needed. The wizard includes any new fields added to the business object in your integration object for the new version of your Siebel application. All these fields are set to active.
- Inactivate any new fields that you do not need in a component of your updated integration object.
- Right-click on your integration object, and select the Validate option to validate your integration object.
NOTE: If you want to synchronize any of the external integration objects, follow this general procedure to perform a synchronization operation.