Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Siebel Virtual Business Components > About Virtual Business Components >
About Using VBCs for Your Business Requirements
The following features enhance the functionality of VBCs to better assist you in meeting your business requirements:
- VBCs support drilling down from a VBC. You can drill down on a VBC from a standard BC, another VBC, or the same VBC.
- A parent applet can be based on a VBC.
- You can define VBCs that can participate as a parent in a business object. The VBC you define can be a parent to a standard BC or a VBC.
- You still can use an older version of the XML format or property set by setting the VBC Compatibility Mode parameter to the appropriate version. For information, see Table 37.
- You can pass search and sort specifications to the business service used by a VBC.
- You can use Validation, Pre Default Value, Post Default Value, Link Specification, and No Copy attributes of the VBC fields.
- You can use predefined queries with VBC.
- You can have picklists based on VBC, and use the picklist properties such as No Insert, No Delete, No Update, No Merge, Search Specification, and Sort Specification.
- You can use the Cascade Delete, Search Spec, Sort Spec, No Insert, No Update, and No Delete link properties when a VBC is the child business component on the link.
- You can use No Insert, No Update, No Delete, Search Spec, Sort Spec, and Maximum Cursor Size business component properties.