Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration > Siebel Virtual Business Components > About Virtual Business Components >
Usage and Restrictions of Virtual Business Components
The following are the uses and restrictions of VBCs:
- You can define a business object as containing both standard business components and VBCs.
- When configuring applets based on VBCs, use CSSFrame (Form) and CSSFrameList (List) instead of specialized applet classes.
- Using the same name for the VBC field names and the remote data source field names may reduce the amount of required programming. (Optional)
- VBCs cannot be docked, so they do not apply to remote users.
- VBCs cannot contain a multi-value group (MVG).
- VBCs do not support many-to-many relationships.
- VBCs cannot be loaded using Enterprise Integration Manager.
- Standard business components cannot contain multi-value group based on VBCs.
- VBCs cannot be implemented using any business component class other than CSSBCVExtern. This means specialized business components such as Quotes and Forecasts cannot be implemented as VBCs.
- You cannot use Workflow Monitor to monitor VBCs.