XML Reference: Siebel eBusiness Application Integration Volume V > XML Integration Objects and the XSD Wizard >
Creating XML Integration Objects with the XSD Wizard
Siebel eAI provides two different wizards to create XML integration objects. An XML integration object is essentially an integration object with a base object type of XML. This wizard parses the XML Schema Definition (XSD) file to create an XML integration object.
To create an integration object
- Select File > New Object.
- Select the EAI tab.
- Double-click the Integration Object icon.
- Complete the Integration Object Builder initial page:
- Select the project from the first drop-down list.
- Select EAI XSD Wizard as the Business Service.
- Navigate to the path to the location of the XSD or XML file that you want to use as the basis of the XSD and click Next.
NOTE: The Simplify Integration Object Hierarchy option creates a simpler and flatter internal representation of the XML integration object; however, this does not change the external representation. Having a simpler internal representation makes declarative data mapping easier.
- Select the source object, give it a unique name, and then click Next.
- Click on the plus sign to expand the list and select or clear the fields you need from the component.
- Click Next to get to the final page to review the messages generated during the process and take necessary action as required.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
You will see the integration object you created in the Integration Objects list, as shown in the following figure.
NOTE: You must review the integration objects and the integration components created by the Wizard and complete their definitions based on your requirements.