Siebel Energy Guide > Price Comparison in Siebel Energy > Process of Setting Up Price Comparison >
Setting Up Price Lists for Rate Plans
For rate plans, administrators use attribute-based pricing and tier-based pricing to give each variation of the master rate plan a rate. Therefore, administrators need to first set up tier-based pricing and then set up price lists for the products.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Price Comparison.
To set up tier-based pricing
- Navigate to the Product Administration screen.
- In the More Info form, add a record and complete the necessary fields.
Some fields are described in the following table.
Use a class associated with the rate plan and usage products.
Select Multiple Attributes.
Default Starting Adjustment Type
- Click the Attributes view tab.
- In the Attributes list, add a record for each attribute that you want to affect the price.
- Click the Adjustment Item Generator view tab.
- In the Adjustment Item Generator list, select the first attribute.
- In the Item Generator list, check all values that you want to affect the pricing.
- Repeat Step 6 and Step 7 for all attributes.
- Click Generate.
- In the Items list, select an attribute combination.
- Click the select button in the Tier Price field, and add a record in the Tier Price dialog box for each tier.
NOTE: The minimum quantity of the first tier must be 1. Tiers must not overlap and there must be no gaps. A maximum quantity is not required for the last tier.
- Repeat Step 10 and Step 11 for each attribute combination.
NOTE: Repeat this procedure until you have created as many tier pricing items as are required.
To set up price lists for the rate plans
- Navigate to the Pricing Administration screen.
- In the link bar, click Price List.
- Click the More Info view tab.
- In the More Info form, add a record for a new price list.
- For Type, select PC INHOUSE PRICE LIST or PC COMPETITOR PRICE LIST.
- Click the Price List Line Items tab.
- In the Price List Items list, add a record for each product (root product and usage subcomponent).
- For each subcomponent product, select the appropriate tiered pricing in the Attribute Pricing column.
- In the List Price field, select the standing charge as the list price of the root product.