Siebel Finance Guide > Managing Contacts > Managing Mortgages (End User) >
Using the Mortgage Calculator
Loan officers, loan originators, and other financial representatives can use the Siebel Finance Mortgage Calculator to calculate and compare the following amounts for customers:
- Early Payoff, which calculates the new monthly payment amounts that are required to pay off a loan in a specified amount of time prior to the original mature date
- Loan Amount, which calculates the amount of money a customer can borrow, given a loan's monthly payment, interest rate, loan term, and down payment
- Loan Comparison, which compares different types of mortgage loans (ARM versus Fixed Rate) from which the customer can choose one
- Monthly Payment, which calculates a customer's monthly payment, given the loan amount, interest rate, loan term, property tax, and insurance payment
- Refinance Breakeven, which calculates monthly savings and costs associated with refinancing an existing loan
CAUTION: All Siebel Finance calculators described in this guide provide results intended for comparison purposes only; the accuracy of the results is not guaranteed. Rounding or the mathematical formula used may account for any differences from the expected results. Contact your Siebel administrator to modify the formula for your use.
To use the mortgage calculator
- Navigate to the Contacts screen > Contacts List view.
- In the Contacts list, drill down on the desired contact.
- Click the Calculator view tab, and from the link list in the Calculator form, select a calculation function:
- Early Payoff
- Loan Amount
- Loan Comparison
- Monthly Payment
- Refinance Breakeven
- In the Input section in the form, complete the necessary fields.
- To see the calculation results, step off or save the record.