Siebel Finance Guide > Managing Financial Needs Analyses >
Performing Investment Needs Analysis for Contacts
An investment needs analysis is similar to a general needs analysis. The results, however, are different. After completing an investment needs analysis, a recommended mix of assets and funds appears, based on the customer's needs.
The Investment Needs Analysis view provides an approach to understanding the customer's needs and recommending an investment strategy. A script is used to guide the customer through a series of questions. The average score from the set of answers, in conjunction with the time that the customer may need his or her money invested, drives the model and determines the asset and fund allocation.
To perform an investment needs analysis for a contact
- Navigate to the Contacts screen > Contacts List view.
- In the Contacts list, drill down on the contact for which you want to perform a needs analysis.
NOTE: If the contact does not exist, add it. For more information about adding contacts, see Adding Contacts.
- Click the Needs Analysis view tab.
- Select the Investments link at the top of the Needs Analysis form.
- In the Needs Analysis form, add a record and complete the necessary fields.
- To use a script to help determine values to enter, click Script.
- In the SmartScript list, drill down on the Name link for the script you want.
- Complete the questions as prompted, and click Finish.
- (Optional) Click the Recommend button to generate a recommendation.