Siebel Forecasting Guide > Common High-Level Forecast Usage Scenarios >
Partner Forecasting Option I: Partner Portal
A partner's revenues are a large part of a company's overall revenues, and they want to be more proactive in managing such revenues, measuring the partners, and allocating resources to the channel partners.
The company needs to incorporate partner opportunities and revenues into forecasts automatically.
Administrator Usage Scenario
The administrator defines the WW Sales forecast series. The Auto Forecast Search Spec is set up as follows to include partner revenues: [Partner] IS NOT NULL and [Committed] = 'Y'. The administrator makes sure the correct participant's name or organization is associated with the forecast series. For more information, see Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide.
End User Revenue Scenario
- Partner enters revenues using the Partner Portal and creates appropriate opportunities and product revenues.
- Partner can create scheduled revenues and use the Chart view to see data graphically.
End User Forecast Scenario
- Partner creates a standard forecast as if he or she were part of the sales force, WW Sales.
- Partner makes adjustments and submits the forecasts to his or her appropriate internal partner manager.
- Partner manager creates his or her own forecast.
- Partner manager reviews, and adjusts the partner's forecast (which is automatically pulled into the partner manager's forecast), and submits it.
For more information, see Siebel Partner Relationship Management Administration Guide.