Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld Guide > Using Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld >
Collecting Returns with Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld
The sales representative checks to see if the customer has items to return. If so, a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) can be generated.
NOTE: If there are no returns, change the status of the Return Order activity to Acknowledged in the Visit Activities view of the Outlet Visits screen.
To collect returns
- Navigate to the Outlet Visits screen, select the desired record, then select Visit Activities from the Show drop-down list.
- Create a new record by tapping in the Activity list view, then tapping the New Record button.
- Tap in the Type field and select Return Order from the drop-down list, then drill down on the Return Order hyperlink.
The RMAs view in the Accounts screen appears.
- Create a new record by tapping inside the RMA list, then tapping the New Record button.
- Select an RMA type for the new record from the Type drop-down list, then drill down on the hyperlink in the RMA # field.
The RMA Line Items view in the RMAs screen appears.
- Select the Line Items list and tap the New Record button to record the line items and quantities of the products being returned.
NOTE: The RMA line items are not limited to the authorized product distribution list. You may add any product that is available on the handheld as a listed product, including discontinued products.
- Tap Credit when you are finished adding line items.
Tapping Credit does the following:
- In the Line Items view, tap Deliver.
Tapping Deliver does the following:
- Creates a Credit Memo.
- Updates the inventory.
- Changes the invoice status to Closed.
- Tap the Visit Home button to return to the Visit Activities view of the Outlet Visits screen, then select the Return Order activity and tap End Activity.
TIP: When a product exchange between a sales representative and a customer results in a credit being issued, this is treated as an RMA. Each product is recorded as a line item in the RMA Line Items view and the value of the item is the current list price. You can make product exchanges of items with the same price through Product Movements.