Siebel Consumer Goods Handheld Guide > Troubleshooting > Synchronization >
Direct Server Sync Checklist
Use the following checklist to troubleshoot problems you encounter using Direct Server Sync.
- Did you install all client and server components successfully?
- Is there a PDA object manager (OM) running on the Siebel Server?
- Did you bounce the IIS, SWE, and Siebel Server after installation?
- Do you have network access to the URL for DSS? Can you ping the IIS server from inside and, if applicable, from outside the firewall?
- Can you successfully run a SWE command?
- Do you have the correct SyncURL defined in the setup.ini file?
- Is the network connection working from the device? Try Pocket Internet Explorer.
- If you have problems logging in, check to make sure that you can use the same credentials to log into the desktop client.
- Remember to keep a 1:1 ratio of users to devices. Only a single user may log in to sync each device. Failure to do so causes data corruption.
To troubleshoot Direct Server Sync configuration errors
- Turn on Handheld Sync logging to 5 and look for more error details in the Siebel Handheld Synchronization OM log. For more information, see Configuring Direct Server Sync Logging Levels.
- Use the Validate function in Siebel Tools to look for a configuration error.
- Remove handheld views from user responsibility until synchronization passes the error point.
- Remove DefaultBusObjs from Administration - Mobile > Application Administration > Settings until synchronization passes the error point.