Siebel Service Handheld Guide > Application Administration >
Overview of Siebel Handheld Administration Screens
This chapter is designed to show you how to administer Siebel Handheld. Key tasks are outlined that you can perform using the Administration - Mobile screen. Your organization may follow a different task sequence according to its business requirements.
Following are the views used for administering Siebel Handheld applications. You can access the Administration - Mobile screen through either the Siebel Web Client or Siebel Mobile Web Client.
- Session Administration: This view contains a detailed information about user synchronization sessions. Use this view to monitor and investigate handheld user synchronization activities.
- Server Component Administration: This view allows you to manage server-level settings for synchronization components. These settings are used by the synchronization engine to extract application definition and user data. These settings will override the application-level settings.
- Application Administration: This view lists all the handheld applications available within your enterprise. From this view you can create new application settings and administer settings that have already been created. The contents of the following views are used by the synchronization engine to extract application definition and user data.
- Business Component Filters: Use this view tab to change synchronization filter settings for business components. If you wish to restrict the contents of selected business components to reduce the data set otherwise visible to your users, you can change filter settings in this view.
- Business Object Filters: Use this view tab to define business object level filters, which restrict data that is downloaded to the handheld client upon synchronization.
- Settings: Use this view tab to define parameter settings for your application.
- Conflict Administration: This view allows you access selected transaction errors.
- Audit Trail: Use this view tab to obtain information about action taken on a particular data conflict. Audit Trail must first be enabled for the conflict data. The business components are Handheld Transaction Error and Handheld Txn Error Message.
- Business Components: Use this view tab to see business component information associated with a particular data conflict.
- Error Details: Use this view tab to get detailed information about specific data conflicts. You are also able to take particular action on any given conflict.
- Barcode Administration: This view allows you to create new barcode definitions for your handheld applications.
- User Administration: This view allows you to manage user-specific settings, such as business object and business components filters, that filter the data that display to the user. The data sets contained in these user views are used by the synchronization engine to extract application definitions and user data. The Siebel Handheld application is populated by these data when the user performs synchronization. These settings override the server component-level and application-level settings.
- User Business Components: Under this view tab, you can set user-specific sync filter directives for business components. These settings override application-level settings.
- User Business Objects: Under this view tab, you can set user-specific filters for business objects. In this setting, you limit the data set that is downloaded, at the time of sync, to the Handheld client. These settings override application-level settings.
- User Settings: Under this view tab, you can control user-specific settings which override server component-level and application-level settings.
- Barcode Enabling: In this view you can enable barcode scanning for chosen views in the Siebel Handheld application.