Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Loyalty Promotions > Configuration Instructions for Common Promotions >
Creating a Promotion that Applies on the Member's Anniversary
You can create a promotion that gives members a bonus on the anniversary of the date they joined the program.
You must begin by creating two new fields that include just the month and day (not the year) of the member's start date and the system date, so you can create a rule that compares these values.
In Siebel Tools, configure Loyalty as follows:
- In the business component LOY Member, create a calculated field called Join Date, calculated using the function Left([Start Date],5).
- In the business component LOY Engine Member, create the same calculated field.
- In the business component LOY Transaction, create a calculated field called System Date, calculated using the function Left(Today(),5).
- In the business component LOY Engine Transaction, create the same calculated field.
In Siebel Tools:
- Design a work flow that internally checks the member's Joined date with the system date and creates Queued txn with the needed bonus point when these dates match.
- Set up a job (using Workflow Batch Process Manager) component to run this workflow.
In Siebel Loyalty:
- In the List of Values Administration view, add a new record for LOY_ATTRIB_FIELDS_MEMBER with the value Join Date.
- In the List of Values Administration view, add a new record for LOV LOY_ATTRIB_FIELDS_TXN with the value System Date.
- Create a Member Attribute based on the field Join Date.
- Create a Transaction Attribute based on the field System Date.
- Create a promotion with a rule that:
- Includes a criteria that compares the attribute for the Join Date and the attribute for the System Date.
- Includes an action that gives a bonus if this criteria is true (Join Date = System Date).
For general information about adding new fields that are used in promotion criteria, see Allowing New Fields to Be Used in Loyalty Promotion Criteria.