Siebel Loyalty Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Loyalty Promotions > Configuration Instructions for Common Promotions >
Letting Inactive Members Redeem Current Points But Not Earn New Points
To set up the program so members who become inactive can redeem the points that they have already earned, but not earn (accrue) any additional points, make the following changes:
In Siebel Tools, configure Loyalty as follows:
- In the business component LOY Member, create a calculated field called MVField that displays the status of the active membership card.
- In the business component LOY Engine Member, create the same calculated field.
In Siebel Loyalty:
- In the List of Values Administration view, add a new record for LOY_ATTRIB_FIELDS_MEMBER with the value MVField.
- Create a Member Attribute based on the field MVField.
- Use this attribute in the criteria of all Accrual promotions, so these promotions take their actions only if the membership card is active.
- Do not use this attribute in the criteria of Redemption promotions, so these promotions take their action whether or not the membership card is active.
For general information about adding new fields that are used in promotion criteria, see Allowing New Fields to Be Used in Loyalty Promotion Criteria.