Siebel Performance Management Guide > Setting Up Competency Management > Assessment of Skills and Achievements for Competency Management >
Employee Information Management and Competencies
The employee profile repository stores information about each employee in an organization. The views associated with an employee record (Administration - User screen > Employees view) allow you to add the following types of information to build a profile of the employee that contains both personal data, and professional data that may have a bearing on skills and competencies.
The following Employee views allow you to add and manage the certifications, honors, and awards the employee has achieved, as well as note the employee's professional memberships.
- Certification. Use this view to enter details about certifications an employee has received, the institution attended, and date of certification.
- Honor/Award. Use this view to enter details about honors and awards an employee has received, the institution that presented the honor or award, date received, and additional comments.
- Membership. Use this view to enter information about professional memberships the employee holds, active status, starting and ending dates, and whether the membership is company related.
Employment Experience and Education Information
The following views allows you to view and manage the resume of each employee in an organization. You can restrict visibility to select groups of employees.
- Education. Use this view to enter details about an employee's education, including type of education, years of study, degree received, graduation date, and the institution where the employee studied.
- Past Work Experience. Use this view to record the employee's previous job experience, such as title, company name, industry, business unit, and starting and ending dates.
Employee Competency Information
The following views allow you to manage and view an employee's skills. Managers can use this view to track skills gaps and build teams based on project skill needs.
- Assignment Skills. Use this view to enter the skills required to complete an assignment and any additional comments.
- Competency. Use this view to enter information on competencies the employee has achieved or needs to achieve, including the required level of competency, skill gap, parent skill, and root category for the skill. You can also enter the date the competency requirement was fulfilled, description, and critical degree of the competency.
Employee Skill Utilization
The following views allow you to manage employee assignments and use an employee's skills:
- Employee Assignment Rules. Use this view to record assignment rules and filters that apply to an employee, along with the activation date, expiration date, and a description of the rule.
- Employee Availability. Use this view to enter an employee's availability for assignment and the project and account the employee is assigned to with starting and ending dates and estimated hours required.
- Employee Exception Hours. Use this view to enter any exception hours an employee works, the dates worked, type of exception, and reason for exception.
- Employee Utilization. Use the two drop-down lists in this view to display Utilization or Time Sheet Details and to select the type of chart display for this information—two-dimensional or three-dimensional line, bar, or stacked bar charts.
Other Job-Related Information
The following views allow you to manage employment information and job tools and assets issued to the employee:
- Job Information. Use this view to view and enter information about the employee's employment status, compensation eligibility, and performance statistics.
- Sensitive Job Information. This read-only form provides compensation details for the employee, including salary, salary plan, bonus target percent, and so on.
- Service Details. This view includes information on the employee's service requirements, such as the cost per hour, shift schedule, and whether the employee is compensated for overtime hours.
The information stored in the employee profile repository is used by other Siebel applications and modules. For example, the skills in an employee's profile are used by Competency Management to calculate skills gaps, which helps to identify areas in which an employee needs to update his or her skills.
You can restrict visibility of an employee profile view based on the responsibilities of the employee. For more information about visibility and responsibilities, see Applications Administration Guide.