Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > Administrator Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Changing the Submit To Field Trigger for Expense Reports
By default, Siebel Professional Services Automation uses the Pending Next Approver expense report Status value as a trigger to change the value in the Submit To field from the current approver's user ID to the user ID of the next approver. If you prefer not to use the value Pending Next Approver as the trigger to change the Submit To value, you must complete several tasks. The following procedure briefly explains how to change the trigger for the Submit To field.
NOTE: A similar procedure applies if you want to change the trigger for the Submit To field for time sheet approvals. Because you must use Siebel Tools and recompile your .srf file for either procedure, you may want to combine the time sheet and expense report procedures, so you can recompile only once. For information about the time sheet procedure, see Changing the Trigger for the Submit To Field for Time Sheets.
To change the trigger value for the Submit To field for expense reports
- Locate the List of Values record that has Type set to EXP_STATUS and Display Value set to Pending Next Approver, and replace both the Display Value and the Language-Independent Code value with the value you have chosen as the trigger.
- Modify the Update Expense Status workflow to replace Pending Next Approver with the value you have chosen as the trigger.
- Modify the Expense Report Approval state model to replace Pending Next Approver with the value you have chosen as the trigger.
- In Siebel Tools, make the following changes:
- Locate the Expense business component.
- Add a business component User Property with Name field set to Next Approver Status and Value field set to the value you have chosen as the trigger.
- Recompile the .srf file.