Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > End-User Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Changing the Default Currency for Expense Line Items
If end users need to report multiple expenses that were incurred in currency other than their reimbursement currency, they can change the default currency for line items within an individual expense report. This default is set using the Currency field for the expense report. The value of the Currency field does not affect the kind of currency that is used in the Expense Report Total field and the Reimbursable Amount fields of the report. The following procedure explains how to change the default currency for line items within an expense report.
To change the default currency for line items in an expense report
- Navigate to the Expense Reports screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Create a new expense report record or select an existing expense report record that has a status of In Progress.
- In the Currency field, click the select button to display the Pick Currency Code dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select the currency you want to use as the default for line items in the current expense report, and then click OK.
The dialog box closes, and the currency code appears in the Currency field of the More Info form.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for the selected record.
- In the Line Items list, create a new record.
- In the Type field, select an expense type for the line item you are creating.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount of money spent for this line item, and then click in any other field.
The currency symbol you chose in Step 5 of this procedure automatically appears in the Amount field for the line item.