Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Expense Reporting > End-User Procedures for Expense Reporting >
Adjusting the Billable Total for an Expense Report
From time to time, end users may need to adjust an expense report that has been submitted to them for approval. Ordinarily, end users can reject an expense report that includes errors and have the person who prepared the report correct the error.
On some occasions, however, the expense report may be correct, but the end user may want to adjust the amount to be billed as a courtesy to the customer. End users can make an adjustment to the Billable Total of an expense report at any time before the invoice associated with the expense has its status set to Billed. The following procedure explains how to adjust the Billable Total for an expense report line item.
To adjust the billable total for an expense report line item
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record with which the expense report is associated.
- Click the Time and Expense view tab.
- In the Time and Expense link bar, click the Expense Adjustments link.
- In the Time and Expense list, select the expense line item record that you want to adjust.
- In the Adjustment field, click the select button.
- In the Adjustment Amount dialog box, click New.
- In the Amount field, adjust the amount as necessary, complete other desired fields, and then click Save.
- In the Adjustment Amount dialog box, click OK.
The Total Adjustment and Billable Total fields are updated to reflect your adjustments.