Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Project Management > Administrator Procedures for Project Management >
Adding New Project Resources to the Product List
You must define project resources before you can select them for a project. You must set up resources as products, so that these resources can be added in the rate and cost lists. The following procedure explains how to add a new project resource product.
To add a project resource to the product list
- Navigate to the Administration - Product screen.
- In the Products list, create a new product record.
- In the Product field of the new record, enter a resource name, such as consultant.
- Drill down on the Product field hyperlink for a selected Product.
- In the More Info form, click the Project Resource check box.
- Complete the necessary fields.
For more information on the fields available, see Product Administration Guide.
NOTE: If the product can be ordered or if the product can be listed as a quote item in a quote, select the Orderable check box.
- In the More Info link bar, click the Category link.
Adding products to categories allows users access to the product. Categories are how product visibility is controlled. You must also add a product to a category to make it selectable in a quote and to make it visible in eSales Web pages.
- In the More Info list, click New to display the Add Subcategories dialog box.
- In the Add Subcategories dialog box, select the category record to which the product (project resource) belongs, and then click OK.