Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide > Opportunity Management > End-User Procedures for Opportunity Management >
Associating a Project with an Opportunity
Associating projects with an opportunity is critical to guarantee that sales representatives are collaborating with the proper professional services personnel to jointly develop and scope the project.
To associate a project with an opportunity
- Navigate to the Projects screen.
- From the visibility filter, select the appropriate view.
- Drill down on the Name field hyperlink for a selected project record with which the opportunity will be associated.
- Click the More Info view tab.
- Click the select button in the project record's Opportunity field to display the Pick Opportunity dialog box.
- Select the opportunity you want to associate with the project, and then click OK.
NOTE: End users can also create new projects from the Projects view in the Opportunities screen. This automatically associates the project with an opportunity.