Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Creating a Simple List Report > Using Actuate e.Report Designer to Create Reports >
Creating Reports Using Siebel Report Libraries
To create reports using Siebel Report Libraries (sssiebel.rol file) in Actuate e.Report Designer, perform the following tasks.
The Actuate solution to enable Siebel reporting in Actuate e.Report Designer is based on two files, siebel_report_building.xml and wizard.rod.
These files reside on the system drive. The following locations are examples of where to locate these files:
- C:\Program Files\siebel\7.x.x\Tools\RPTSRC\siebel_report_building.xml
- C:\Program Files\siebel\sea7.x.x\Tools\RPTSRC\STANDARD\wizard.rod
Using these files, administrators can use Actuate e.Report Designer without any additional changes.
You can also develop simple reports in Actuate e.Report Designer, based on new or existing reports.
To create a new report in Actuate e.Report Designer
- Open Actuate e.Report Designer.
- Navigate to the siebel_report_building.xml file:
- From the menu, choose View > Options.
- Click General and in the Configuration file section, click browse (...).
- From the Locate Configuration File window, navigate to the siebel_report_building.xml file and click Open.
- While still in the Options window, choose the Global Search Path.
- Click New.
- Click browse (...) and navigate to the following location:
language = the Siebel code for the Language Pack you installed; for example, enu for U.S. English.
- Click Open.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
- Select File > New > Siebel Report Template.
- Include custom libraries and controls in the same manner as for Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
To enable an existing report in Actuate e.Report Designer
- To enable existing projects, first perform Step 1 through Step 3 from Creating Reports Using Siebel Report Libraries.
- From the menu, choose File > Open to select an existing Siebel report.
NOTE: There is no way to recompile ROX files separately with the exception of clicking the Run button from the tool bar in Actuate e.Report Designer.
Custom controls and custom code must be added in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional first before using them in Actuate e.Report Designer.