Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Reports with Group Sections > Example—Creating a Report with a Group Break >
Adding Label and Data Elements to the Design
Now you add data controls in the content frame (for each report row) and column heading labels in the page header (for each page break or sort break). You also define a sales stage control in the page header to display the sales stage with each group or page break.
To add text and label elements
- Click the Library Browser button and select sscustom.rol in the Choose Included Module dialog box.
- Drag and drop the ssTxt component from the Library Browser window onto the empty Content child slot of the content frame (ssFrmOpportunityContent).
The Component Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select the ssName field from the datastream by clicking it in the drop-down list, then click OK to dismiss the Component Properties window.
- Resize the new data control on the layout grid to the appropriate size for opportunity name data (if it is too narrow, the name will be truncated).
- Right-click the data control and select Rename from the pop-up menu, then give the text control a unique descriptive name (in this case, txtOpportunity).
- Right-click the data control and select Properties from the pop-up menu, then check the CanGrow property to verify that it is set to TRUE.
When this property is TRUE, multiple-line values in the business component fields print as multiple-line values in the report. When it is FALSE, only the first line of each value prints.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 6 to add the following:
- Drag and drop the ssCur component from the Library Browser window onto the content frame ssFrmOpportunityContent.
The Component Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select the ssRevenue field from the datastream.
- Close the Component Properties dialog box, resize and reposition the currency control on the layout grid, and rename it curRevenue.
A currency data control is used rather than a text data control when monetary values are to be displayed. This causes correct display and alignment.
NOTE: The approach described here for currency display is adequate for a test report. However, Siebel reports in version 7.0 will use txtCurrency custom control from sscustom.rol to make calculated currency values localizable (formatted according to user locale). If currency does not require calculation then the currency formatted field from the data supply library must be used in the regular ssTxt control instead.
- Enlarge the page header frame (ssFrmStageHeader) vertically by dragging one of its handles so that it is about twice its original height.
Additional space will be required for a divider line and the sales stage data control.
- Drag and drop the LineControl library component onto the page header frame (ssFrmStageHeader), and rename it LineSeparator.
- Drag and drop the ssTxtSectionHeadM library component onto the page header slot, and in the Component Editor window, specify ssSales_Stage in the ValueExp property.
This text control is for display of the sales stage in the page header. It has a larger, bold font and is maroon.
- Subclass the new data control component and rename it ssTxtStageName, then widen the control in the layout pane so that it is large enough to hold sales stage names.
- Drag and drop the ssFrmBlueBack library component onto the page header slot.
It subclasses automatically.
- Rename this frame component ssFrmOpportunityHeader and expand it to reveal the child slot.
This frame will contain the column headings.
- Drag and drop the ssLblHead component onto the page header frame ssFrmOpportunityHeader, once each to create the labels listed below.
- Set the Text property for each label as indicated.
You will need to resize, reposition, and rename each label after it is created. Each label should align vertically with the corresponding data control:
- A label called lblOpportunity, with a Text property value of Opportunity
- A label called lblAccount, with a Text property value of Account
- A label called lblCloseDate, with a Text property value of Close Date
- A label called lblRevenue, with a Text property value of Revenue
- Drag and drop the LineControl component onto the ssFrmStageHeader frame and rename it LineSeparator.
- Reposition the line in the layout pane so that it is above the sales stage data control.
The separator line creates a demarcation between report rows.
- Right-click the top-level report component and choose Properties, then enter a value of Group Test Report in the ssReportTitle property.