Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Master-Detail Reports >
Example—Creating a Report with Multiple Hierarchies
In this example, an account report is created that provides a list of opportunities and associated competitors for each opportunity, and a list of contacts for each account. Notice that this report displays three levels of hierarchy (parent > child > grandchild) relationship. It is possible to create reports with multiple hierarchies using the methodology laid out in this example.
The following tasks are required to create the report
- Create and export a new report object definition (and children and grand children) in Siebel Tools.
- Create a custom component library.
- Create a report design in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional.
- Add datastreams to the report design.
- Add frame, data control, and label elements to the design.
- Compile and test the report.