Siebel Reports Administration Guide > Master-Detail Reports > Example—Creating a Master-Detail Report >
Compiling and Testing the Report
The report is built, compiled, and run in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional. Debug the report locally in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and, when it is ready to be deployed, the executable version of the report is moved to the folder where Siebel applications obtain their report executables.
To compile and install the report
- Open Siebel Sales.
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Accounts > Accounts > My Accounts.
Make sure that the desired query is active.
- In Actuate e.Report Designer Professional, click the Run button.
The report appears in the browser window.
- If prompted, click OK to accept any defaults on the Requester dialog box that appears.
- Make corrections as necessary to the report design and recompile as often as required.
- Use Windows Explorer to copy the acopcon.rox file from C:\Siebdev\RPTSRC\custom (or equivalent) to C:\Siebdev\REPORTS (or equivalent).
- In Siebel Sales, click the Reports button and from the drop-down list, select Account - Opportunity/Contact Detail.
The report should appear in the browser window. If there are problems, check the configuration of report and view report object definitions in Siebel Tools.