Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications > About Security for Siebel Business Applications >
Roadmap for Configuring Security
This section provides a general overview of tasks you can perform to take advantage of security resources for Siebel Business Applications. Use this section as a checklist for setting up security for your Siebel environment.
Each task includes a pointer for more information on how to perform the task. Pointers include references to later sections in this guide as well as to other documents on the Siebel Bookshelf.
- During Siebel software installation, plan your Siebel Server and third-party HTTP load balancer TCP port usage for firewall access. See Physical Deployment and Auditing. See also the Siebel Installation Guide for the operating system you are using.
- After you install your Siebel site, change the default passwords for Siebel accounts. For more information, see Changing or Adding Passwords.
- Change the SADMIN password.
- Add a password for updating Web server images.
- Make sure communications and important data is encrypted. See Communications and Data Encryption.
- Implement security adapter authentication or Web Single Sign-On to validate users. For more information, see Security Adapter Authentication and Web Single Sign-On Authentication.
- Set up an access control system to control user visibility of data records and Siebel application views. For more information, see Configuring Access Control.
- Enable audit trail functionality to monitor database updates and changes. See Auditing for Data Continuity. See also Applications Administration Guide.
- Make sure communications between Mobile Web Clients and your Siebel site are secure.
Enable encryption for Mobile Web Clients. See Configuring Encryption for Mobile Web Client Synchronization.
For other Mobile Web Client security issues, such as changing passwords on the local database, and encrypting the local database, see Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.