Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Creating the Siebel Installation Image on the Network >
Troubleshooting Siebel Image Creation
When you run Image Creator, the utility validates the integrity of each JAR file it processes as it creates the Siebel image. Consequently, it is unnecessary to validate JAR files beforehand.
If a JAR file is invalid, as may sometimes be the case when you have downloaded files using FTP, Image Creator displays a message to this effect. Obtain a new copy of the JAR file and rerun Image Creator in order to include the content in the image. Rerunning Image Creator may be necessary in some other cases, which are identified below.
When you run Image Creator and create an image successfully, the files in the image have the same timestamp as the corresponding files that were included in the JAR files.
When you rerun Image Creator, by default it will not replace any files that have the same or a newer timestamp. In order to force replacing files that have the same or a newer timestamp, run Image Creator at the command line and include the parameter setting
Overwrite=yes. For details, see Running Siebel Image Creator in GUI Mode or Running Siebel Image Creator in Console Mode.
TIP: Running Image Creator with
Overwrite=yes will re-create the Siebel image, including all selected platforms, products, and languages. Select only those items that you require to correct a problem, rather than reselecting all items and overwriting all the files in an existing image.
Rerunning Image Creator may be necessary in the following cases:
- If you have deleted a Siebel image, or any part of a Siebel image, in error.
- If a JAR file is invalid, and you have since obtained a new version of the JAR file.
- If you skipped a missing JAR file during an Image Creator session, and have since obtained the missing JAR file.
- If you ended an Image Creator session by clicking Cancel. (You can click Cancel before you have processed any JAR files, or when you are prompted to specify the location of a JAR file. You cannot click Cancel while Image Creator is currently processing a JAR file.)
- If an Image Creator session ended through power outage or some other failure. (In this case, run Image Creator at the command line and include the parameter setting
TIP: Keep track of the platforms, products, and languages in your Siebel image for the applicable version. If you need to rerun Image Creator, reselect the options you will need to complete the Siebel image.
Image Creator logs details about its processing in the file log.txt. You can review the log file to identify where problems may have occurred when creating the Siebel image.
- Image Creator logs a message like the following after each JAR file has been successfully extracted. (If a JAR file is only partially extracted, this message will not have been written.)
- Image Creator logs a message like the following when a JAR file has been skipped.
JAR_file_name - Please run Siebel Image Creator again and add
product_name to the network image, once all image files are available.
If, when you run a Siebel product installer, errors are returned about missing files, then you should run Image Creator again (you may need to use
Overwrite=yes). Be sure you include all necessary platforms, products, and languages in your Siebel image for the applicable version. Other requirements apply to running Siebel installers, as described in the chapters for installing particular Siebel modules.