Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the Siebel Reports Server > Postinstallation Tasks for the Siebel Reports Server >
Using Load Balancing with the Siebel Reports Server
The Siebel application includes a native load balancing feature. You will need to map the Siebel Servers being load balanced to the Reports Server using the following instructions.
To map the Siebel Servers to the Reports Server
- Generate or copy the load balancing configuration file (lbconfig.txt) to the Reports Server host.
See Managing Load Balancing for Siebel Applications for more information about the lbconfig.txt file.
- Navigate to the Reports Server installation directory (for example, D:\sea_thirdparty_78x\Actuate7\Server) and locate the rptsrvr.cfg file.
- Edit two parameters in the rptsrvr.cfg file as follows:
EnableVirtualHost = True
VirtualHostFile = <location of lbconfig.txt>
- Type the load balanced connect string in the Actuate Server Connect String parameter field in the Application Object Manager or in the ConnectString parameter in the appropriate CFG file.
For an example of a load balanced connect string, see the eapps.cfg file.
- Restart the Siebel Server or the Siebel Developer Web Client for the change to take effect.
For information on setting up third-party HTTP load balancers, see Managing Load Balancing for Siebel Applications.