Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX: Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools > Installing the Siebel Web Server Extension >
Process of Installing and Configuring the SWSE
Installing and configuring Siebel Web Server Extension (SWSE) consists of multiple tasks, which should be performed by the system administrator in the following order:
- Review requirements for installing the SWSE. See SWSE Installation Requirements. See also Planning Topologies.
- Install your desired load-balancing solution, if you are using a third-party load balancer.
For more information, see Managing Load Balancing for Siebel Applications. See also the Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Install the Web server. See Installing the Web Server.
- (Optional) Uninstall your existing SWSE. See SWSE Installation Requirements and Uninstalling Siebel Applications.
- Install the SWSE. See Installing and Configuring the SWSE.
- Complete any appropriate postinstallation tasks. See Postinstallation Tasks for the SWSE, which includes topics such as Configuring the Web Server.