Siebel Training Guide > Course Registration, Withdrawal, and Completion >
Submitting Third-Party Training Events for Manager Approval
The third-party training process allows organizations to track a student's progress that is taking a course outside the organization. Employees register for third-party classroom or media-based training using the following procedures:
Third-party training must be submitted to a manager for approval. Siebel Training is preconfigured to invoke a manager approval process for third-party training. Your company may follow a different process according to its business requirements.
Employees can enter third-party training records into their transcripts. This capability allows managers to approve, decline, or return the training records.
This task is a step in Process of Registration, Withdrawal, and Completing Courses.
To submit third-party training events to a manager for approval
- Log in to the Training Web site as a registered user or a new user.
- On the Training home page, click the My Training link in the left navigation bar, and then click My 3rd-Party Training.
- In the My 3rd-Party Training list, create a new record.
- Click the select button in the Name field, select the course, and complete the remaining fields.
- Click the link in the Registration # field, and verify that the information in the fields is correct.
- Click Submit to route the course information to your manager for approval.
The status changes to Pending-Approve.