Siebel Training Guide > Creating and Modifying Skills Tests >
Creating and Verifying Training Question Pools
Question pools are grouping of many questions that can then be randomly selected when a user takes a test. Questions can be shared among multiple pools, that is, a single question can be selected as part of any number of pools. You can also use one random pool many times in the same test, and you can create tests from various test questions and predefined question pools.
For example, if you want to create a test with 10 randomly selected questions, you can create 10 pools or create one pool and use it 10 times.
Table 7 describes considerations when creating a test with 10 randomly selected questions, and creating 10 pools, or creating one pool and using it 10 times.
Table 7. Question Pool Considerations
You are using 10 different question pools.
Each pool should contain a unique set of questions.
You are developing one large question pool.
- Be sure to add enough questions to the pool to avoid duplicate questions.
- Then, create a test that uses the same pool for every test question.
This task is a step in Process of Creating Skill Tests and Questions.
To create a question pool
- Create the individual questions for the pool. See To create a question for use in skills tests.
- Create and save an additional record in the Questions list with its Type set to Random Pool.
You do not need to specify answers for this question. It acts as a placeholder in tests, indicating that a randomly chosen question from the pool should be inserted at that point.
For more information, see Creating Training Test Questions and Answers.
- In the Questions list, select the question that you set to Random Pool, and click the Question Pool view tab.
NOTE: The release check box must be selected in the Question record for the question to be available for the Question Pool.
- In the Question Pool list, create a new record, and select the question you want to include in the question pool.
- Repeat Step 4 for each additional question you want to place in the pool.
To verify that all questions for the pool appear in the list
- In the Question list, select the any question whose type is Random Pool, and then click the Question Pool view tab.
- In the Question Pool list, verify that all the questions for the pool appear in the list.
Training administrators can allow multiple questions from single-question pools. The test question sequence can be renumbered.
To create tests from various test questions and predefined pools
- Navigate to the Administration - Training screen > Tests view.
- In the Tests list, create a new record.
For information on completing the fields, see Adding a Skills Test for Training.
- In the Test Questions list, create a new record.
The Sequence field is automatically populated.
- In the Question text field, select a question or a question pool question.
The remainder of the fields in the Test Questions record are completed, based on information provided when the selected question was created.
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 4 for each question, or question pool question, you want to add to the test.
To view the answers for a question
- In the Tests list, select the test, and then click the Test Questions view tab.
- In the Test Questions list, select the question, and click the link in the Question Id field.
The answers display in the More Info form of Test Questions view.
To preview the finished test with questions
- In the Tests list, select the test.
- From the More Info form, click Preview.