Upgrade Guide for DB2 UDB for z/OS > Upgrading a Database from the Mainframe > Executing the Upgrade on the z/OS Host (Phase 1 of 2) >
Running Load Jobs on the Target Database
Perform the following procedure to run load jobs on the target database.
To run loads to the target database
- If you are not on the Siebel Upgrade Main Menu, enter the following command:
- Select option 5: RUN UPGRADE / POST-UPGRADE MAINTENANCE.
The Siebel Upgrade Job Submission Menu for your upgrade path appears.
- For Siebel Business application upgrades, the panel ID is SBLRUNHP.
- For Siebel Industry application (SIA) upgrades, the panel ID is SBLRUNFP.
- Select option 3: LOAD TARGET.
This places you in edit mode for dataset DSNHLQ.SIEBEL.INSTALL.JCL(SUBLOAD).
- Run the job using the JCL in dataset DSNHLQ.SIEBEL.INSTALL.JCL(SUBLOAD).
This job automatically submits all the unload job streams referenced in dataset
This submits the Load job streams. The number of upgrade Load jobs varies by upgrade path. If you selected Siebel-Scheduled Mode, this job is logged (as Completed Successfully or Failed) to the target Siebel log table:
- Verify job ran successfully, RC=
0 or RC=
Jobs with an ABEND (end abnormally) U99 or U099 message are jobs that failed.
NOTE: You must fix any failed jobs before proceeding with the upgrade. For information on restarting failed jobs, see Restarting Failed Jobs on the Mainframe.
- After submitting the job, enter
cancel on the command line or press PF3 to save changes.
- View the job status.
For information on how to view job status if you selected Siebel-Scheduled Mode, see Viewing the Siebel Job Log Status.
Once all Load jobs have completed successfully, continue with the upgrade.