Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Installing and Running Siebel Universal Queuing > Running the Siebel Universal Queuing Routing Engine >
Verifying and Running Routing Engine Processes on Microsoft Windows
This section describes how to verify that the Siebel Universal Queuing routing engine processes are running properly on Microsoft Windows platforms. Instructions for starting the services to run these processes are also included.
The following are the processes to verify:
- dustore.exe (This process may not be running for a single-server configuration where no database information was specified.)
To check if all routing engine processes are running
- Using the right mouse button, click a blank area on the taskbar.
- Choose Task Manager.
The Windows Task Manager dialog box appears.
- Verify that the processes listed earlier are running.
- If any processes are not running, restart the routing engine services as described in Starting the Routing Engine Services on Microsoft Windows.
Starting the Routing Engine Services on Microsoft Windows
This section describes how to start the routing engine services on Microsoft Windows. The two services that must be running are:
- UQ Engine - Data Service
- UQ Engine - Orb Service
To start the routing engine services
- Do one of the following, according to your Microsoft Windows platform:
- On Microsoft Windows NT: choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services, select UQ Engine - Orb Service, and click Start.
- On Microsoft Windows 2000: choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Component Services, select UQ Engine - Orb Service (from "Services (Local)"), and click the Start Service button.
- Repeat Step 1 for the UQ Engine - Data Service, until both services are started.
Once these two services are started, all routing engine components should be up and running.