Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Installing and Running Siebel Universal Queuing >
Defining Communications Configurations
In order for the Siebel Universal Queuing routing engine to assign an available agent to work on certain work items, agents must be assigned to a communications configuration (for Siebel Communications Server) that includes Siebel Universal Queuing. If a specific Siebel Universal Queuing configuration is not specified, by using the UQConfigurationName parameter, then the primary (or default) configuration is automatically used.
The following steps summarize the procedure for configuring Siebel Communications Server to work with Siebel Universal Queuing. This procedure should be taken as a general outline of the process of setting up a communications configuration that will work with Siebel Universal Queuing.
For complete information about creating or importing a communications configuration and about defining elements for this configuration, refer to Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
Sample communications definitions data and files (.def files) are provided by Siebel Systems. The file multichannelA.def corresponds to the sample communications configuration named "Multichannel configuration A." For more information about the file callrouteA.def, see Configuring Sequential Assignment.
To configure a call center agent
- From the application-level menu, choose View > Site Map > Communications Administration > All Configurations.
- In the All Configurations view, add a new configuration. Import configuration data from a communications definition file, as appropriate.
- Click the Parameters view tab.
- Optionally, in the Parameters list, enter a valid Siebel Universal Queuing configuration name as the value for the UQConfigurationName parameter.
- Click the Agents view tab.
- In the Agents list, select a call center agent name.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose Agent General Profile.
In the Agent General Profile view, the current record represents the agent you specified for the configuration in Step 6.
- Click the Configurations view tab.
- In the Configurations list, include the communications configuration name you created in Step 2, and mark it as primary for this agent.
- Click the Telesets view tab.
- In the Telesets list, choose a teleset for this agent, if the agent will work with voice calls and Siebel Universal Queuing is to route voice calls to this agent's teleset extension.