Siebel Universal Queuing Administration Guide > Using Siebel Universal Queuing >
Receiving and Handling Work Items
Call center agents use the communications toolbar to log into Siebel Universal Queuing and to handle work items dispatched by the routing engine. The following list summarizes the functions related to work items that agents can perform from the communications toolbar.
- Login. Allows you to log into or out of a communications system, such as Siebel Universal Queuing. Agents should log into Siebel Universal Queuing only once per session.
- Accept Work Item. Allows you to accept an inbound voice call, an email message, or a work item of another channel type. When an inbound work item is routed to you, the Accept Work Item button blinks.
- Release Work Item. Allows you to release or disconnect the active work item.
- Blind Transfer. Allows you to perform a one-step transfer of a work item such as a voice call.
- Consultative Transfer. Allows you to initiate, and to complete, a two-step transfer of a voice call.
- Pause Work Item. Allows you to pause the active work item, such as to put a voice call on hold.
- Work items list. Allows you to select a paused work item on which to resume work.
- Resume Work Item. Allows you to resume work on a paused work item selected from the work items list.
- Change Ready State. Allows you to indicate that you are unavailable to accept work items (Not Ready state) or that you are available again (Ready state). Depending on your configuration, you can choose to change your ready state for all channels or for selected individual channels.
The communications toolbar and functions listed above are discussed in more detail in Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide.
In addition to the functions listed above, call center agents configured to use Siebel Universal Queuing can also use the following functions: