Siebel Email Response Administration Guide > Setting Up Siebel Email Response Workflows > Using the eMail Response - Process Message Workflow >
Creating an Activity (Workflow Subprocess)
The primary purpose of the eMail Response - Process Message workflow is to convert inbound email messages into activity records. These activity records are reviewed by agents using the Communications screen. The Create Activity step invokes a subprocess workflow, eMail Response - Create Activity, and passes in a number of variables, which create the activity record and perform a number of other steps. See Figure 16 for an illustration of this process.
Figure 16. Create Activity Process
In addition to creating an activity record, the Create Activity subprocess performs the following processes:
- Follow-up messages. If the original message was associated with an SR, this process returns the Service Request ID and Service Request Owner ID values so that follow-up messages will be associated with the SR.
- Contact lookup. The workflow searches contacts in your database to find one with a matching email address. If you set up multiple organizations, the contact lookup can be restricted to a specific organization.
- Language identification. Performing a language detection routine on the message, identifying the language of the inbound email message, which is later used to route the message to an agent with the appropriate language skills.
- Commit time calculation (entitlement verification). The workflow calculates the appropriate commit time, based on an entitlement.
- Activity attachments. The workflow stores the original message and attachments as activity attachments in your database.
For more information, see Completing Basic Setup Tasks.