Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Configuring and Administering the ADM Framework > About ADM Configurations for New Data Types >
Configuring ADM Parent Child Relationships on Integration Objects
Many Application Deployment Manager (ADM) data types have hierarchical structures of different objects that consist of child and parent relationships. In some cases, you might want to control how these hierarchies are deployed by removing the child entities from ADM deployments.
For example, the responsibility data type also migrates users as well as responsibilities, because responsibilities are associated with users. The users need to be included with the responsibility. However, in this example, you might not want to migrate users between environments, because this migration deploys development users to a production environment.
You must disable the child integration component of the respective data type integration object to deploy only parent records of hierarchical relationships. Perform the following procedure to configure this behavior.
NOTE: Intermediate-level knowledge of the Siebel EAI architecture and integration is a prerequisite before performing these tasks. For more information on Siebel EAI, see Overview: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.
To configure an ADM integration object to activate and deactivate the child integration component
- In the source environment, select the integration object you want to update in Siebel Tools.
NOTE: The project to which the integration object belongs must be locked.
- Click Synchronize in the Integration Objects list.
The Integration Object Synchronize wizard appears.
- Click the plus sign (+) to list all related integration components.
- Select the checkboxes next to the integration components you want to include in the integration object. Clear the checkboxes next to the integration components you do not want to include.
- Complete the wizard, and click Finish to synchronize the Siebel integration object and the Siebel business object.
- Right-click your integration object, and select Validate to validate your integration object.
For more information on using the synchronization wizard and configuring integration objects, see Integration Platform Technologies: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.