Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Guidelines for Deploying ADM >
Managing Your ADM Package Content
Review the following guidelines and recommendations when managing your Application Deployment Manager (ADM) package content:
- Follow the documented naming conventions throughout the ADM deployment process,
- During the creation of the ADM project
- When storing the exported database files in directories
- When storing files in directories with versions or tracked through a version tracking system
- Follow a documented deployment strategy including procedures, checklists, and naming conventions. Historical package data is stored in the ADM database for reference.
- Create the ADM package folder structure using the ADM Packaging Utility rather than creating it manually.
- Use a stored file system or document tracking system when creating deployment units involves teams of users to make sure the package content is current and correct.
- Validate packages before deployment.