Siebel Application Deployment Manager Guide > Guidelines for Deploying ADM >
Selecting ADM Over Other Data Migration Options
Siebel Business Applications provide several data migration tools, including Application Deployment Manager (ADM), to migrate data based on the business scenario and volume of data to be migrated.
ADM is designed to migrate application customizations to same-version and same-language environments. For more information on this feature, see About the Customizations Migration Process Using ADM.
NOTE: You can migrate data between environments of different languages if no language is specified for the data being deployed.
The ADM deployment framework provides the following advantages for customizations migration:
- Manages change management requests
- Tracks changes through the internal ADM database
- Maintains, tracks, and reuses existing packages
- Provides low-volume migration along with support for a combination of database, repository, and file data types
ADM cannot be substituted for the specialized operations performed by using some of the other Siebel Business Application migration or deployment tools:
- Siebel EAI is used for migrating small volumes of data for mostly daily or weekly changes. The ADM framework is built on Siebel EAI. For more information on Siebel EAI, see Overview: Siebel Enterprise Application Integration.
- Siebel EIM is used for migrating bulk data between databases using migration tables and is used for mostly large volumes. For more information on Siebel EIM, see Siebel Enterprise Integration Manager Administration Guide.
- Repository Migration option in the Siebel Database Configuration Wizard is used for migrating repository data and schema changes and is designed for large volumes. For more information on the Repository Migration option, see Going Live with Siebel Business Applications.