Siebel Collaboration Guide > Getting Started with Siebel Collaboration >
Setting Up Inbound and Outbound Web Services for Siebel Collaboration
Complete the steps in the following procedure to set up inbound and outbound Web Services. The inbound Web Service specifies the location of the Siebel Server. This inbound Web Service, named Web Collaboration Service, is a component in the Enterprise Application Integration component (EAI) group.
The outbound Web Service directs the Siebel application to the Siebel-SharePoint Integration Web Service, which handles the interaction between the Siebel application and the Sharepoint application.
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up Siebel Collaboration.
To set up inbound and outbound Web Services
- Make sure that the Enterprise Application Integration component group is enabled.
This enables the component Custom Application Object Manager which corresponds to the Web Collaboration Service, inbound Web Service. For general information about checking your enterprise and Siebel Server Configurations, see the Siebel System Administration Guide.
- Set up the inbound Web Service:
- Navigate to Administration - Web Services screen > Inbound Web Services view.
- Select the record named Web Collaboration Service.
- In the Service Ports list, Address field, enter the path for the Siebel Server.
Make sure that Custom Application Object Manager component is online and running.
NOTE: This is the same URI that you entered when Configuring the Collaboration Service.
- Set up the outbound Web Service:
- In the link bar, click Outbound Web Services.
- In the Outbound Web Services list, select the record named SiebelSharePointIntegration.
- In the Service Ports list, Address field, enter the URL for your Siebel-SharePoint Integration Web Service, which you set up in Configuring the Collaboration Service.
This task completes the process of setting up Siebel Collaboration. After completing this task, see Using Siebel Collaboration. Alternatively, if you have problems with your setup, see Troubleshooting Siebel Collaboration Setup.