Configuring Siebel Business Applications > About Applets, Controls and List Columns > About the Form Applet and List Applet >
How Siebel CRM Constructs a List Applet
A list applet is a type of applet that displays multiple records at one time. It includes the following qualities:
- Uses multiple columns to present data in table format. Each row of the table represents a record from the business component that the applet references.
- Allows the user to scroll through multiple records of data and view several fields for each record.
- Associated with a single business component.
- A list column establishes a relationship between the business component field and the applet web template item.
Figure 25 illustrates how Siebel CRM constructs a list applet. Siebel CRM constructs a list applet in a way that is similar to how it constructs a form applet. For more information, see How Siebel CRM Constructs a Form Applet. For background information, see Hierarchy of Object Types and Relationships.
Figure 25. How Siebel CRM Constructs a List Applet
Siebel CRM uses the following objects to construct a list applet:
- List. Includes properties that affect the list. It serves as a parent object for all the list columns in the applet. A list applet includes one list object definition, named List.
- List column. Identifies one column in the list. It references one field in the business component.
For more information, see About Applet Controls and List Columns.