Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring Applets > Customizing How Siebel CRM Displays Data in an Applet >
Controlling How the User Creates, Edits, Queries, and Deletes CRM Data
To specify if the user can create, edit, query, or delete Siebel CRM records in an applet, you create an applet web template for each applet mode. For more information, see Options to Control How the User Creates, Edits, Queries, and Deletes CRM Data.
To control how the user creates, edits, queries, and deletes CRM data
- Create a new applet web template.
For more information, see Adding a Web Template to an Applet.
- Enter text into the Name property to match one of the applet modes described in Table 18.
- Set the Type property to one of the applet modes described in Table 18.
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 3 for each applet mode that the applet must support.
For example, create a separate applet web template in the following situations:
- Create one applet web template for New and another applet web template for Query.
- If the applet layout is different for New and Query modes compared to Edit mode, then create a separate web template for each mode.
Adding a Web Template to an Applet
To add a web template to an applet
- In Siebel Tools, click Applet in the Object Explorer.
- In the Applets list, locate the applet you must modify.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Applets tree, and then click Applet Web Template.
- In the Applet Web Templates list, add a new record using information from the following table.