Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring the Customer Dashboard > Modifying the Appearance and Layout of the Customer Dashboard >
Formatting a Customer Dashboard Phone Number Field
You can configure the Customer Dashboard to recognize different telephone extensions. You use the Phone Number Prefix business service user property to define the parameters that associate a telephone switch extension to a complete phone number.
To format a Customer Dashboard phone number field
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, display the business service user prop object type, which is a child of the business service object type.
For more information, see Displaying Object Types You Use to Configure Siebel CRM.
- In the Object Explorer, click Business Service.
- In the Business Services list, locate the Persistent Customer Dashboard business service.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Business Service tree, and then click Business Service User Prop.
- In the Business Service User Props list, add a user property using values from the following table.
Enter a name for this business service user property that represents the phone number prefix. You must use the following format:
Phone Number Prefix integer or letter
Phone Number Prefix 1
Define the parameters for the phone number prefix. You must use the following format:
extension digits;remove digits;prefix
- extension digits is number of digits in the extension.
- remove digits is the number of digits to remove from the front of the extension.
- prefix is the prefix to append to the beginning of the number.
Assume the general number for your organization is 650-555-0000. A user dials the 24565 extension. In this example, Siebel CRM does the following:
- Specifies that the extension is 5 digits in length.
- Removes the first digit of the extension, which is the number 2.
- Adds the 650555 prefix to the remaining part of the extension, which is 4565.
The resulting phone number is 650-555-4565.
- Compile and then test your changes.