Configuring Siebel Business Applications > Configuring the Customer Dashboard > Modifying the Appearance and Layout of the Customer Dashboard >
Creating a Label for a Customer Dashboard Field
This task is a step in the Process of Configuring the Customer Dashboard.
The field labels that Siebel CRM displays in the Customer Dashboard change depending on the data that Siebel CRM displays in the Customer Dashboard. For example:
- If Siebel CRM displays contact information, then the labels are Customer Name, Work Phone #, Email Address, and so forth.
- If Siebel CRM displays opportunity information, then the labels are Opportunity Name, Account, Sales Stage, and so forth.
If no data is available for the Customer Dashboard, then Siebel CRM displays labels for the default business component. The default business component is defined in the Persistent Customer Dashboard business service. The Contacts business component is predefined as the default business component.
The Siebel Repository File contains placeholder controls, such as Label 1, Label 2, and so forth. It also contains predefined business service user properties, also named Label 1, Label 2, and so forth. These business service user properties map the placeholder labels to fields in the Customer Dashboard.
If you add a field to the Customer Dashboard, then you must define the label that replaces the placeholder label in the Siebel client. To create the label, you create an applet control for each business component field that you must display. The naming format for the applet control identifies it as a Label and identifies the business component and field that determine when Siebel CRM displays it.
To create a label for a customer dashboard field
- In Siebel Tools, in the Object Explorer, click Applet.
- In the Applets list, query the Name property for Persistent Customer Dashboard Applet.
- In the Object Explorer, expand the Applet tree, and then click Control.
- In the Controls list, create a new control using values from the following table.
Enter a name. Use the following format:
Label business component name.business component field name
For example, to reference the SR Number field of the Service Request business component, you enter the following:
Label ServiceRequest.SR Number
Define the label text that Siebel CRM must display in the Customer Dashboard.
For example, to display the text SR Number to the left of the customer dashboard field, you enter the following:
- Repeat Step 4 for each label that you must display in the Customer Dashboard.
- Compile and then test your changes.