Developing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications > Implementing Siebel Remote >
Synchronizing a Mobile Web Client
This section describes the processes for synchronizing a mobile Web client.
Routing and Merging
On the Siebel Remote server, the Transaction Router and Transaction Merger components continuously route and apply transactions for mobile clients. Figure 44 illustrates the processes that occur when a mobile client is synchronized.
Figure 44. Synchronizing a Mobile Web Client (Routing and Merging)
For more detailed information about routing and merging, read Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.
To synchronize an existing mobile Web client, the mobile user launches Siebel Remote, either from within the Siebel mobile Web client or in stand-alone mode. Siebel Remote executes the following steps:
- Validates mobile Web client
- Check for correct version
- Checks for database extract
- Retrieves transactions and file attachments
- Sends transactions and file attachments
- Applies changes to the local database
- Applies changes to the server database
- Cleans up
For more detailed information about synchronization steps, read Siebel Remote and Replication Manager Administration Guide.