Siebel Field Service Guide > Field Service Activities > Using the Task UI Application to Perform Field Service Activities >
Example of Using the Task UI Application to Execute a Field Service Activity
The following example lists the steps that an end user performs to use the Execute Field Task Start to Finish task.
To execute a Field Service Activity from Start to Finish
- Navigate to Activities > Activity List.
- Click the Task button.
- In the Task UI pane, click Execute Field Task Start to Finish.
- In the Review Address and Details screen, review and adjust any necessary fields, and click Next.
- In the Check Trunk for Recommended Inventory screen, review the inventory information. The following options are available:
- Check Trunk
- Create Order for Selected Parts
- Service Order All
- In the Update Status screen, choose an action for the activity, such as Mark as In Progress. Click Next.
- In the Review and Submit screen, review the information for the activity, and click Submit.
- In the Review and Record Steps screen, record the steps for this activity. You can choose from the options such as Automated Diagnostic Test, Customer Approval, Install New Parts, Customer Satisfaction Survey, or query for another step.
- In the Choose Part Transaction screen, choose a part transaction for the activity or choose Continue.
- In the Parts Transaction Summary screen, click the Commit or Commit All buttons to commit the part transactions in inventory.
- In the Update Time Sheet screen, enter or update the time records for the selected activity.
- In the Activity Expenses screen, enter or update the expense records for the selected activity.
- In the Select Invoice Option screen, choose to generate an invoice, generate charges and review, or continue.
- In the Review and Submit screen, review the activity, and click Submit.