Siebel Field Service Guide > Setting Up and Using the Dispatch Board > Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board >
Enabling Applets for Drag and Drop onto the Dispatch Board
This task is a step in Process of Setting Up the Dispatch Board.
By default, only activities in the Unscheduled Activities list can be dropped onto the Dispatch Board. However, it is possible to configure additional applets so that activities on the other lists can also be dropped onto the Dispatch Board. The Dispatch Board applets can have multiple applets defined as sources for the drag-and-drop transaction in the applet's user properties.
In the following example procedure, the FS DB Timed Out Activity List Ax Applet is configured to allow users to drag and drop activities from the Timed Out Activities list onto the Dispatch Board.
See Using Siebel Tools for more information on performing configuration tasks with Siebel Tools.
To enable applets for drag and drop
- Log into Siebel Tools as an administrator.
- Lock the FS Dispatch Board project for editing.
- In the Object Explorer, navigate to Applet.
- Query for FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Navigate to Applet > Applet User Prop.
- Query for Drop Source Applet Name*, making sure to include the wildcard asterisk symbol (*).
The query returns a series of records with user property names beginning with Drop Source Applet Name, for example, Drop Source Applet Name 1.
- Create a new applet user property, the name of which starts with Drop Applet Name X, where X is the next increment.
For example, Drop Applet Name 2.
- In the Value field, enter the name of the applet that will be the source of the drag-and-drop event.
In this example, the value is FS DB Timed Out Activity List Ax Applet.
- Compile FS DB Planned GanttChart AX Applet.
- Replace the SRF.
- Restart the client, navigate to the Dispatch Board, and select Timed Out Activities from the visibility filter.
You should now be able to drag and drop activities from this list onto the Dispatch Board.